27 April 2005

It all started when I was sick

I thought fate had punished me.

Making me feel all sick and dizzy.

Making me go to the doctor.

Making me call in sick.

What I didn't know was fate actually stepped in and gave me a present by being sick.

I was too sick to work so I called John, one of my workmates to cover for me. I haven't met this John fellow but I've been told that he's a backpacker from Britain and is keen to do all the work possible as he's saving money for his trip.

He agreed to work for me. I detected a hint of Brit accent but was too sick to even pay attention. Was just grateful that he'd do the shift for me.

By the end of the night, I saw four missed calls and two text messages on my mobile. All from him. Asking me if I could drop off the key of the shop. I drove to work and handed him the key. He wasn't hot but his accent was even more adorable in person than over the phone.

He's gone now. Moved to Thailand. I'm not devastated but that little incident made me fall in love with guys with accents.

Jude Law.

Hugh Grant.

Colin Firth.

Damn, John.


Everbody is going to Bora

My friends went a month ago.

My cousin went on Holy week.

His sister went last week.

Emailed me just now telling me how beautiful the place is. Sent me some photos too. "Para inggit ka" was her exact words. Bitch.

Everybody's complaining about the weather in Manila.

How hot it is. How lucky I am that it's not at all hot here.

But they get to go to Boracay to cool off and relax.

And I'm stuck here freezing my bollocks off.

No comments: